Thursday, April 22, 2010

Green





The sight of burgeoning seeds never fails to amuse me. Every time I plant seeds I'm aware of the possibility that they may not sprout- and then they grow, seemingly from nothing, and it restores all my faith.

I know people who argue that things like seeds sprouting are not miracles, because they happen everyday, and I suppose in a strict sense they're right, but to me the seed itself is a miracle. The existence of something that can begin a life, that's just waiting for all the right circumstances to fall into place, and then it will uncurl a little green shoot and start lifting itself out of the dirt, is miraculous to me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I love the sprouts. That is an amazing shot!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun table top. I love to see little sprouts, it never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I most certainly agree with you about the seeds! It makes me think of this song. I hope the link works
    http://iLike.com/s/4b12

    ReplyDelete