Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Kid





Here is the pumpkin harvest, there's a few- quite a lot actually. A whole bunch for a family of three. So I'm not sure what to do with them all- I'm roasting some for pies for thanksgiving today, and I'll carve some for Halloween, freeze some chunks for roasting in winter, freeze some puree for pies and breads and eating. I also might make more pies to freeze after thanks giving because sometimes I feel like I don't get enough of a Pumpkin pie fix with just thanksgiving and Christmas. I could eat a whole pumpkin pie to myself in one day- and K could do the same- it's just by showing some restraint that we don't, and with this pumpkin harvest, restraint just might not be in the cards this year.

1 comment:

  1. What will she say when she sees Mommy Dearest slaughtering her Pumpkin cousins? I declare those pumpkins are an excellent harvest - some as round as her head!
    Great picture.

    ReplyDelete