Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden 2011






my helper- after a quick change and milk break, looking dejected despite her  bribe snack of "shoupla choups" a.k.a chocolate chips
Well, the garden is mostly in the ground, we finally decided that waiting for a dry spell is not the way to get the garden in this year, so we scraped aside the layer of algae (seriously) and stuck some plants into the mud,  which is good- I think- I'm glad they're in there and not in my house , but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about them. I think they'll do fine- they'll toughen up and learn to push through the mud and they certainly won't be wanting for moisture.

I was going to write more but I'm tired- that mud makes everything harder and it's hot here today- planting the garden with N was interesting as well- I love that I'm raising a child who will have no doubt where food comes from, but it makes it a bit harder to work when that child is traipsing all over the onions you just planted. As I type this it's raining outside- a fairly gentle rain, but still- we got it in just in time- hopefully things don't get washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment