Monday, January 14, 2013

2/52





I think I will miss these odd angles the most when my kids are grown, the curve of a chin, the slight grasping of a nursling's hand, I wish I had more photos of N nursing, when she was in thick of it I never thought it would end, and I thought I would remember it all- I do remember lots of it- but in a slightly out of focus way. It seems to me that as the child grows they replace their old selves in my memory- I know they were smaller, chubbier, less talkative, but I don't really remember them that way. The self they are today fills my recognition of them. I am totally engulfed in their present selves.

this project is hosted by Jodi at Che and Fidel- the idea is one portrait of my kids every week for the whole year, click over there to check out other portraits, or join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment