Sunday, May 12, 2013

19/52



A: enjoying the outsider air, going through a biting phase, which is super painful for me- and hilarious for her. To put that little problem into the spotlight- she also is not that into food yet- which is no big deal for me- I always planned to nurse her into her first year at least- and she's obviously thriving, but I can't even start weaning her to deal with the biting, unless I got her onto bottles and that seems like a giant headache at this stage of the game too. I have to be honest I'm not sure what to do about this one... hopefully it passes.

N: Lovely and windblown by the garden, she is such a spirited girl, with a great personality, and she has always known what she wants.  She also is so verbal- I told her that she can't be so upset when things don't go exactly as she expects them to- like if the food gets to the table before she does, or I put her left shoe on before her right- and she then told me later- during another bewilderingly upsetting event- " it just wasn't exactly how I expected it to be". I feel like that was an ' a-ha!' moment- words! another set of tools to to teach her to use. Also she loves jokes- and we looked a few good ones up this week- which made us both laugh- which reminded me of some good marriage advice I've heard " it's really hard to be mad with someone when you're laughing with them", so maybe I'll try to lighten up the tantrum mood with some knock knock jokes.

(my favorite joke that we looked up- How do you make a tissue dance?- put a boogie in it)


My favorite photo from last week here- I'm a sucker for a back lit child.

Joining in with Jodi.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog on a list of Manitoba gardening blogs. You take beautiful pictures. I'm sorry you are having trouble with biting. I found that unlatching and a little yelp (can't really help it) was enough for my babies to understand I was hurt. I hope it passes soon.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete