Sunday, November 23, 2014

Not feeling it.

Oh folks- I had good intentions of continuing with this blog- I really did- do maybe- I'm not sure yet. But for right now- I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's the winter colds and 'flu ( I love that jaunty little apostrophe on it don't you? It makes it seem so casual and fun). We've been sick once a month at our place since N started school- and so I've been boning up on my herbal cold care- taking an online course, brewing teas, searching out books. And I love that- and also I'm darn proud to say that this last cold has been treated pretty much 100% with herbal remedies- (the exception was at 3 am on the first day- when I gave Tylenol, I just couldn't think straight. And I think they work even better than the over the counter stuff to be absolutely honest with you (Chamomile tincture in glycerin is my new Tylenol replacement- more on that later maybe, I may have a bit of an Herb crush on Chamomile right now).

Okay so I'm not sure where this leaves me- but I think I'm ditching Monday Inspirations- it's not so inspiring and then I feel like I'm skipping school or something by not doing it. I'd like to share what's happening in the studio I think- mostly sewing right now- but some clay ideas are on the verge. and possibly I'll start posting a few photos that cultivate some gratitude- cause it is that time of year. Right now I've got to go watch Christmas with the Kranks, and drink my ginger tea snuggled up on the couch with one kid on my lap, and another pressed into my side, good times, if you can look past the snotty hankie poking out from my sleeve.

XO- A

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you haven't been feeling well or feeling "it" lately. I think that happens when winter shows up 2 months early after basically no summer.

    Blogging should be fun, and not feel like a job. Just do it when you feel like it. Tomorrow everything might change. That is the wonder of life.

    Out of my own selfishness I do love your photos and your writing...so should you take a break...know you will be missed.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Monday blog will be missed. Always look forward to what you have thought of - so interesting. Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're suffering the effects of a winter cold this week so you have our sympathy.

    Sometimes blogs need to change or rest. I've been putting a lot less emphasis on mine for the last several months (you may have noticed) and it's sort of refreshing. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being ill can rob us of our creativity and our desire to blog. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Blogging should be fun and something we enjoy so take your time to sort it all out.

    ReplyDelete